Comply/Labeling with FED-123H and Mil-Std-129R
With GSA contracts now shipping both to GSA and DLA locations, compliance with two different standards is required.
- Fed-Std-123 applies when orders are shipped to GSA Supply Centers, such as:
- Western Distribution Center – French Camp, CA
- Eastern Distribution Center – Burlington, NJ
- Mil-Std-129 applies when shipping to military destinations such as
- Susquehanna Consolidation Point – New Cumberland, PA
- San Joaquin Consolidation Point – Tracy, CA
Learn more in this GSA Packaging Packing and Marking guide.
MIL-Comply Labeling prints all standard container and pallet labels for both the Fed-Std-123H and Mil-Std-129 requirements. For companies that also ship under DCMA and DLA contracts, Comply/Labeling’s robust selection of label formats, advanced RFID features and WAWF integration make it especially fast and easy to label, ship and invoice orders.
The following labels are required for GSA civilian agency shipments:
- Unit and Intermediate Packages
- Identification Label – NSN barcode, Nomenclature, Specification Number, Quantity, etc.
- Individual Transport Packages (exterior containers)
- Identification / Shipping Label – PO Number barcode, NSN barcode, Nomenclature, Specification Number, Quantity, etc.
- Palletized / Unitized Loads
Labeling for Shipment to Defense Activities
GSA shipments to defense activities, such as one of the DLA depots, require Mil-Std-129R labeling. MIL-Comply Labeling includes all of the essential labels necessary to meet those requirements, including the Military Shipment Label (MSL) and barcoded container labels with 2D PDF417 symbols for compliance with Revision R.